TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher
concerned teacher - 2004-08-13

> Thanks for your detailed response.

> The fact that you stated that he has definitely left China then
> everyone is out of harms way for the time being.

> Let us hope that the Chinese police will pass on the information to
> ITERPOL or the like because it should be easy to track the movements
> of a passport ID number thats if it is the only passport he
> possesses. If he has travelled around Asia and near by countries and
> if he has a previous criminal record of committing such offences he
> will not doubt have a way of covering his tracks. That is why he is
> always on the move.

> One positive spin off from your posting is that in new school
> contracts special clauses specifically detailing the precautions all
> male foreign teachers regardless of age will be expected to comply
> with. This should be in writing and if he is found in private, (that
> is, not in the company and/or close location to other students or
> teachers), with a student he will be warned and if this warning is
> not heeded he will ordered to leave the school and be penalised
> accordingly.

> This may hit home the need for tighter controls of the movements of
> foreign teachers who display unbecoming behaviour towards students.

> What do you think?

I totally agree. In fact this teacher had been with us for over a year & asked to renew his contract. I strongly suggested to get rid of him then, after the secretary at our school told us he had lifted her shirt one day while they were alone at school. Unfortuanately, the desperate need for teachers & the owner wanting to give him another chance kept him here. The school did give him strict warnings though & did add that kind of clause in his contract. It was very detailed as to what he was not allowed to do. Also it was separated into 3 sections that were very clear descriptions of situations he was NOT to in.

It still didnt stop him though. Im not sure what gave him the courage to defy it & then try to brag to another female teacher at the school about what he was able to get away with. I really don't understand how some fellow Canadians, (female especially) could keep such details a secret. If only she hadn't felt the need to ignore it, perhaps...

Well water under the bridge for our school anyway, but he is still out there somewhere.

I hope all schools will include this in their contracts & I also sincerely hope normal reliable male teachers will understand this precaution & not be offended by it.

Thanks for your comments & for trying to understand.

Messages In This Thread
Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-12
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Concerned Foreigner -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- Mike B -- 2004-08-13
Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher -- concerned teacher -- 2004-08-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Suspected sexual predator masquarading as an Englishteacher

Go to another board -